Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Inconceivable

Last Tuesday i was BOUNCING off the walls, i was so EXCITED to go to Hawley Creek and spend 3 amazing days without any cares. I planned to be in Idaho Falls by 9am, to run to Walmart and pick up a few thing( I broke the lantern the night before while packing), then i was going to run to my office for a short appointment and then to Winco for food (i love their bulk). I got confuzzled on times and woke up a half hour earlier than i needed to.. so i was a half hour a head all day! I was able to run to Walmart and Winco, and i was able to pack my cooler before i went to the office. I know SHOCKER! So i went to the office and my appointment didn't show. I think i drove everyone crazy because i was so happy! Adam and i had a heated discussion about the definition of camping. He told me to take lots of deodorant because we didn't have a shower. I told him.. it isn't camping if their is a shower. Oh boy did he go off. I tried to get him to agree to disagree.. then he got even more heated, if you believe in something, don't stop fighting for it.. it was funny!

Finally i was on the road to bliss.

I took videos on my phone for Karissa, and sang my heart out! It was good fun! Then finally after a long hour and a half-ish i saw it.. 18 mile road and just beyond that my heaven!


Our camp is in the middle of those two mountains. I took my sweet time driving down that 18 mile road, i rolled down the window and took in the smells and felt the breeze, i listen for the sound of a flat tire, (i really thought i had one so i stopped and checked. I kept psyching myself out), then i started coughing really hard and decided that i should roll the windows up the dust was killing me, and before i knew it, there was the sign:


I drove the next mile and a half crossing my fingers and saying "please bless, please bless, please bless" i was hoping that "our" campsite was empty. As i pulled around the bend and not kidding i almost cried,

there was the campsite, empty. I pulled up next to the picnic table, jumped out and on to the table and raised my hands in the air and yelled, "WOO-HOO!" i was so happy! I sat there on top of the picnic table crossed legged and took it all in. I am a sound person. I love sounds. I listened to the birds chattering, the bugs buzzing,

and my beautiful Hawley Creek sing just for me!Oh it was utter paradise. This place is my heaven!


After about 15 minutes of taking in God's country, i got bored and tired of waiting for Chris and Renee to show up so i started getting ready for fishing!

Here are just some pics from trip:




On Wednesday night everyone had finally got there. We sat round the fire and chatted and told jokes and played "name that movie" It's my favorite part of camping. (every part is my favorite)

Everyone decided to go to bed but Michael, John V, and myself. We were talking and laughing while Michael put the fire out so we could go to bed. John looked up from the fire at Chris' tent and said, "Oh my gosh, that's a skunk!" We all jumped up and ran to other side of the fire. Sure enough there it was. The air mattress inside Chris' tent was pushed so hard against the tent that is was bulging out and the skunk was using it as a step to get into the garbage. It was hilarious. All we could do was stand there and say, "what do we do? What do we do?" The skunk fell out of the bag and sure enough he used that air mattress for a stepping stool again. Michael had the bright idea of getting the sling shot.. i told him no. So we waited and after a few minutes he fell out again and ran off. Michael the wise man that he is chased after the skunk and John and I grabbed all the garbage and dog food and anything else that would attract wild animals. Chris and his kids didn't hear a thing!

I bet you are wondering about the Tucker Curse. Well... Thursday morning the kids were riding their bikes and Cheyenne ran into Kassi and crashed. Kassi came running back into camp (why she didn't ride her bike back to camp i do not know) and told her dad that Chey fell and was hurt. Brian hopped on the 4-wheeler and picked her up. She had scrapes on her leg that were bleeding pretty good and her lip was starting to swell and i glanced at her wrist and knew immediately it was broken.

Klarice and Brian drove 45 minutes to salmon. She broke both bones (ulna and radius) They had to put her put and have an orthopedic surgeon set it. Then on they're way back they got a flat tire and had hike a mile and a half back into camp. Curse if I've ever heard of one!

The kids were going hiking

Chey couldn't go

You can't see them but they are on top of that huge rock through the trees

This is just a closer look

When Jana was 14 years old she was driving the truck into camp and ran into this tree.. it's never recovered that was 23 years ago!

This is with everyone here!

So pretty much this was our trip. I've been working on this blog for 4 days and to be honest.. I'm sick of it.. I loved camping.. it was amazing! There aren't words to describe how beautiful it was. It was perfect!

I took so many pictures that i wish i had to patience to let them all load to put them on here!

This is a picture of my feet before i left camping..


and this is them after!

4 comments:

Cindy said...

A SKUNK that is pretty much the most exciting thing in the world! I would love to have a pet skunk. I wouldn't want it to be able to spray me, even though you know how I kinda dig the smell. I'm sick, I know! LOL

Birch Family said...

sounds like you had a blast family is great!!!!

Lemme said...

wow...even though I knew the whole story before I read it...I was still really entertained!! thanks for that!! ps...your feet gross me out.

Jensen Family said...

I respectfully request that you remove the picture of the tree and my name off your blog. Anonymity is a blessing I would love to have!!!!

Jana