Monday, July 28, 2008

California Adventure Day #3


We started the day at noon.. someone couldn't get out of bed! Karissa's grandma and husband are missionaries working in the bishops store house. So we headed there to check out the place and see how things work there, we even cleaned a little! It was actually pretty cool so see how it runs and what it was like. It's like a store.. crazy!




Then we headed back for home, on our way we stopped at a burger joint called Farmer Boys. It was really good. There was a guy across a way from us who was talking about how much money he made and that he bought 30 movies within the last week.. all i wanted to do was ask him which ones.. i held my tongue. But the food was great!



We stopped at Venice Beach.....WOW! Karissa let me know that it's KIND OF like Vegas. People are trying to get you to take things out of their hands and trying to get you to buy their stuff. She told me that guys will come up and try to get you to listen to their music then guilt you into buying their CD. So i was prepared to just keep walking. We walked down the sidewalk where they have all these stores on one side and people who are just selling their own crap that they have made on the other, so you're completely surrounded. We weren't there 5 minutes yet when this big black guy came up to me and said, "hey come listen to music." I kept walking and said no thanks with a big uncomfortable smile on my face. He kept walking with us and started rubbing my arm with the CD case, "come on baby, i know you'll like my music." I kept walking and he yelled, "What you too good to talk to me?" I didn't say anything, i kept walking, and he yelled again, "FINE! YOU'RE NOTHING BUT A WHITE RACIST! GO OBAMA!" And all 3 of us bust out laughing! Killer! It was so funny.


i thought this pigeon was cool looking!

We continued walking there were all these people on this hill kind of thing they were all beating different drums and then there were all these people dancing. There was no music just the beat of the drums. We walked over to watch them for a few and the overwhelming smell of pot took over. I looked around and everyone was passing joints around.. I'm so sheltered!






this guy had everything he owned in that drum!

We kept on moving and came upon some guys... a few of them VERY attractive.. there was this Mexican guy with this hat.. WOW... anyways they were doing all these jumps and flips and break dancing. It was kinda cool!

Let's be honest.. these abs are what i was really watching!


Not this Mexican guy.. we didn't get a picture of the cute one

ANY WHO... we watched for a few minutes and they did their whole act. For their finale they did this whole chant thing about how we are all from different places and we're all different colors but there is only one race and that's the human race and we're all family.. I thought to myself.. oh tender. And then they chose 6 people from the audience. one of the guys was going to do a flip over these 6 people, but before they did that they jumped into this chant were they asked for money and tips. Then they said if you're black you only have to give $5 , and if you're Mexican you have to give $10, but if you're white you have to give $20 cuz the white folk are rich. I thought to myself, "huh what just happened to our song about there is no race except the human race?" i almost walked away. The funny thing was a black guy is the one who gave them $20! Then he did the flip over 6 people! It was actually pretty cool!



People did crazy things for money!


Pics for Tips



This guy was counting his money.. Holy crap he had a good day. He didn't know we took his picture!

It was a good time! I know I'm sheltered and naive but honestly, I'm grateful! Venice Beach confirmed a lot of speculations and personal beliefs. It was awesome though!

TREND WATCH: While i was there i learned the new trend for girls is not doing the button of your pants up and wearing a short shirt. I saw over 100 girls like that and every time i saw them i wanted to saw "Cow are getting out!" I know better than to start that crap!





2 comments:

Amy Jo said...

yay amber i found you! california looks amazing and i'm totally laughing to myself because i can't imagine what i would do seeing the weed and everything...i'm SUPER sheltered and naiive

Lemme said...

I love your recaps! You have the best memory!! I'm seriously gonna direct people to your blog!