Saturday, July 26, 2008

California Adventures Day #1

It's unfortunate that I am back in Idaho! I had one heck of time. As soon as Karissa picked me up I started a list of Things that really happen in California, like in the movies. It's turned into quite the list. I also started a list of all the license plates we saw while cruising through the L.A. area. I'll Share those later!

Karissa picked me up at the airport on Wednesday afternoon. My plane came in early and she hit traffic so there was so scene at the airport like both hoped. Then it was back to her pad and the first thing i did was take a picture of the beach and then i jumped in!




I love feet pictures

Thursday morning Roo came and woke me up at 6 am. She said to me "Am you wanna see something cool? Well i guess it's not cool but just come look." So i very unwillingly crawled outta bed wondering what in the world could be so exciting to wake me up at 6am while i was on vacation. I followed her in to her bedroom and looked out her balcony there were 2 police cars, and entire section of the street was taped off and there was a yellow tarp half on the side walk and half way in the road. Just underneath that tarp i could see a hand. Down the road a bit was a bike torn to shreds. We gawked at the scene for about a half hour and i had to get more sleep if i was gonna make it through the day HERE'S more details about that story.

Thursday was Roo's Birthday!! Happy Birthday Roo!!!


Finally i decided I'd get out of bed and Roo and i went shopping at a mall in Ventura.. i think. We went to Old Navy and they were having a killer sale. I got 5 t shirts and a pair of sweat pants for $22.


We had to stop at the Disney store and i found a
Captain Jack Sparrow hat.. i almost bought it!

Then it was home to get ready for our big night. We drove to Buena Park to go to Medieval Time. It was amazing! There was sword fighting and jousting. The food was really good too. We had a half of chicken, spare rib, baked potato, soup, and garlic bread and we had to eat it all with our hands. It was killer.






There were 6 different colored knights and everyone was assigned a knight to cheer for. Ours was the Black&White Knight. Don Iofre Santa Creu, defender of the ancient shrine at Santiago De Compostela, He is mightiest in skill among an order of warrior priest whose arrival upon the field brings despair to the impure of heart. In prayer, humble. In service, Loyal. In battle, Invincible.


Which isn't true cuz 5 knights fight the green knight and our dear black and white knight was the first to go!




It was so a fun show, our knight was adamant about getting us involved and cheering loud. It was it so much more fun. He brought flowers by and threw those to people who were cheering the loudest and the most. Needless to say I got one.




Oh.. our Knight in Shining Armor!! GGRRR!!


We stayed at Grandma Susan's for the night. We were exhausted! But GOSH it was just an amazing fun day!!!


We were so tired we had a hard time brushing out teeth! We're such dorks!



I couldn't part with my beautiful flower!!!

3 comments:

Stephani Polson said...

How Fun! I'm Jealous! We absolutely loved Cali when we went. It looks like you guys had a great time! It's always a party when Tuck is around!

Lemme said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the description of the knight!!! what's the use of writing a post myself? I think I'll just direst everyone to your blog!!

Jessie K said...

Love the flower, love the cute hair!