Tuesday, October 28, 2008

ABC Gum


Sizzler has a deal running this week, kids eat free if they're dressed up in a Halloween costume. Cute huh? So, my big brother J.T. had the idea that all of us should go, Klarice and Brian and their kids, Chris and Renee and their kids, mom and dad and grandma. Not a bad idea. We don't get together that often (honestly, if we didn't get together eat, we probably wouldn't get together). Any who, So we are at Sizzler, the kids are all dressed up in Halloween attire and looking cute and scary. I ordered a Steakhouse cut steak and then got the salad bar (i planned on eating my steak the next day! I'm my fathers daughter). The place was packed first of all so it took a super long time to get around the salad bar. ? I decided to start out with a salad (it being a salad bar and all) and then i planned on coming back for some pizza and some soup and some fruit. I finally sat down with my fam and started mixing my salad together. There really wasn't much too it, just some lettuce, tomatoes and some ranch. I took a couple bites with chatting with everyone when i bit into a strange texture, not a texture I'd never felt before but i texture that didn't belong in a salad. I took a few chomps at thinking maybe I'd lost mind. I finally pulled this nasty.. whatever it was out of my mouth and looked at it and i started stretching it, yep sure enough there was some ALREADY BEEN CHEWED GUM in my salad. Are you kidding me?
Klarice looked at me and said, "What is that?" I replied "ALREADY BEEN CHEWED GUM IN MY SALAD!" Of course everyone thought it was hilarious and laughed. All i could do was hold this nastification in awe. Then J.T. comes with a HUGE heaping plate of salad (it was HUGE), he sat down and began to dig in when Paula elbowed him and pointed at me. "Whats that?" he so intelligently inquired. "ALREADY BEEN CHEWED GUM IN MY SALAD!" I yelled once again. Our waitress walked by with a tray full stuff and i asked her if she would come talk to me when she had delivered her drinks and things. She came over and i held up this repulsive treasure i found and said to her, "ALREADY BEEN CHEWED GUM IN MY SALAD!" She immediately started apologizing and ran and grabbed her manager. To make a long story a little less long, they gave me a refund and $20 worth of gift certificates back to Sizzler. Not really sure how soon I'll be going back there!

3 comments:

Lemme said...

I'm sorry I dropped the F bomb when you texted this to me but I still can't believe it!! What if you were a germ freak like the monk and NEVER went to resteranunts and then the ONE DAY you finally decide to go, you find this!?!?!? Rediculous!!! My fav quote from this post: "he so intelligently inquired" SO FUNNY!!! I just might have to pee because of that!!

Cindy said...

Oh wow that is the worst thing I have found out in a long time! You sounded way to calm...I normally don't like people to notice me but I would have made this the one time everyone saw me! GROSSSSSS!! they should have gave you free meals for life!

G'ma Nasus said...

I can't decide if this is the funny-est or the gross-est - so I'm going to vote it as both the GROSS-est FUNNY-est!!!! BARF....