Friday, October 10, 2008

Raising the Bar

When Karissa and LaCindy lived together, they used dry/erase markers and left each others messages on their bathroom mirror or on each others full length mirrors in their rooms. I was so jealous that my two best friends got to live together! (totally beside the point)

A while ago i started writing things on my mirror. For example, i would write things i need to work on like reading my scriptures, praying, going to the temple etc. I would also write a different quote every month. Some of them were serious, some.. not so much. This weekend there was a lot of traffic at my house and the kids decided they wanted to draw on my mirror. So i let them. All weekend they were in and out of the bathroom drawing pictures. Sunday, after everyone was gone, this is what was left on my mirror:

Malorie drew this beautiful picture
Not really sure who it is but.. it's just tender!

Michael (who is like 30) Put this
"If i could be like Mike!" It should say
"I don't wanna be like Mike!"

Cute Zak drew a self portrait
Pretty incredible, looks just like him!

Then Todd, Oh funny Toddy boy. He drew this picture:
I was a little confused, i didn't know what it meant,
then next to it he wrote this
It's the small and simple things!

4 comments:

The 4 of Us said...

I love the "more bars" pictures. We definitely live in a technology saturated world!

Cindy said...

Oh wow I forgot about that! I had so much fun composing letters for Karissa and I secretly hoped I would find a new note from her when I would get home from work! Ahh memories! I hope you know I would love to leave you a dry erase not on your mirror!!! And I agree I love the more bars message!!! LOL

Lemme said...

okay...i don't get the bars thing...i need to crawl in a hole...

G'ma Nasus said...

Cute and sweet. It's these small and simple acts of love that we always remember.