Wednesday, May 7, 2008

An Obsession

Last Summer my oldest sister Jana gave a book and said,
"Hey Am, this is a really good book. I think you'll like it."
She handed me the book and i looked over the cover.


It looked interesting enough. I flipped open the first few pages and it read.

"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die." -Genesis 2:17

I thought to myself.. huh.. a book of forbidden fruits.. or forbidden something and someone eating of the forbidden fruit.. breaking the rules.. Sounds like my kind of book. So i asked my sister what the book was about. It's set in modern day and a girl falls in love with vampire.. my first thought, ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? SERIOUSLY?? How gay is that! But i told her I'd give it a try. That night i laid in bed and read the first chapter.. eh.. it was OK so i read another, it was getting better, by chapter 3 I was really starting to get into it.. so i read to chapter 8 and at that point i was so intrigued i had to know what was going to happen. i read half the book that night and didn't sleep so well because all i could think about was Bella and Edward, and him wanting to eat her but being in love with her, and nobody knowing what he was, and why did he choose Bella and what made her so beautiful and Edward must be hot. I went up stairs the next morning and told my sister that i revoked her right to give me anymore books. It was then that she informed me that it's a four book series and the 2nd book was out but the 3rd one didn't come out until July. I almost choked her. So after Twilight there is New Moon

again.. addicted. i read the first 3 or four chapters then skip to chapter 17 (I think.. that chapter titled Paris). I would call New Moon "Jacobs book" and I'm not a Jacob fan I'm

all the way..

Then there is

Eclipse, the book where Bella is whinny and a brat and i want to hit her.. But we get to know
Alice and she is my favorite character. The 4th book

Breaking Dawn (the cover of this book with be released the summer) is set to come out Aug. 02, 2008. Yes i will be standing on some line for the release of it.. What part of obsession did you not get..

So because i these books i am obsessed. I think about Edward and Bella and their forbidden love daily. Sometimes in the middle of a massage my mind wonders to them and their story. Because of these books i love the little icons or quotes that say:







This one is my favorite.. So funny!!!



Anyways the point to this whole blog is that they are currently filming a movie for the first book Twilight. I have kept up and watched very closely the cast of this movie. I mean.. the movie is NEVER as good as the book but there is always a glimmer of hope that it will at least be decent. I have been nervous about the character who plays Edward because he's British. In the book he is described as beautiful, gorgeous, staggering, Greek God-like, and my favorite, dazzling. I mean no offense of but this dude is not staggering. Bella isn't quite what she looks like in my head but i can deal. Overall I've been trying to be very disappointed in the movie even though it hasn't come out yet. I figured if i go in already disappointed then, i actually might like the movie when i see it. Unfortunately the first movie trailer came out today, or at least i saw it today and dang it.. my hopes are up. CHECK IT OUT! OMGOSH!! Now all i can think about is twilight. I've watched this trailer like 10 times. i can't wait.. So for all you Twilight fans.. I hope you are as excited for this movie to come out as i am. And if you aren't a Twilight fan, the fact that i LOVE a story about girl who falls in love with a vampire is just absurd so that should go to show how AMAZING the book is. Watching the trailer and writing this blog has made me so excited I'm picking up the book and reading it AGAIN for the 12 time!! LOVE IT!

P.S. Here is the movie poster! Not sure my feelings on it yet!!!

5 comments:

Jessie K said...

Man, I understand how great Edward is and I would marry him in a heartbeat, but I would also do the same for Jacob. He is a true and real friend. Man he is great. Man I am also obsessed with thse books. Amber this is your fault which can ultimitly be traced back to your sis! Man!!!

Jessie K said...

PS. Random, but I have read of fun and cheap places that we need to go when we go to provo sometime, and this is all thanks to Ris, and the people that she Blog stocks.

Lemme said...

wow...wow...wow. You are totally OBSESSED!!!

Cindy said...

I still haven't read the books yet but i'm thinking this... Maybe I should wait and read the first one after the movie so i like the movie...maybe that is a stupid idea though because then maybe I wont want to read the book and it will spoil the whole thing...what do you think?

Jennifer said...

amber i am seriously as obsessed as you are! (check out my flairboard on facebook!)

anyway! i'm way excited about the movie too although incredibly worried that it won't be as good as everything i've envisioned in my mind. i was also excited about the trailer but i don't like how they made it seem like a scary type of movie...its a freakin love story!

but that's just me. anyway. happy waiting!!

signed,
mrs. cullen
(ha!)