Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Host

First of all i would like to apologize that my last blog and this one are about books.. Guys.. really I'm not a reader.. I promise. I went to Seagull book last Saturday knowing that the new Stephenie Meyer book came out. She's the same author of the Twilight series mentioned in my previous blog. I looked at her book while i was shopping for my grandma for mothers day. I put it down and stared at it for a few minutes and then picked it back up and read what it was about again. I put it back down and stared at it and thought, It sounds weird, but it's by Stephenie Meyer so it has to be good. I don't know should i buy it? I'm not sure. (HA if you've read The Host.. m thoughts in italics.. funny!!!) Needless to say i bought it. I loved it. It can't be compared to Twilight, it's a completely different story. I love the ways Stephenie writes. She's so descriptive and i love it. I feel like I'm really there!! The first 3 or 4 chapters were strange and it took me a bit to really catch what was going on, but i really enjoyed it.. especially the last 200-150 pages.. I loved it and think everyone should read it!!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

amber you beat me to writing a blog about The Host.

you basically said EVERYTHING i would have said too. it took me a few chapters to really get 'into' the story as well because it was just like, weird...really different. but the further i got into the story, the more i LOVED it. (i cried right before i read the last chapter). and i'm in love with ian. lol. but yes, it's an amazing story! you have great taste!