Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Incredible

On Sunday at church. They told us we were going to have a pod (a group of 5 branches that we do activities with) fireside. The didn't tell us who was going to be speaking but they told us to bring our scriptures and a pen and notebook, they also told us to stand when this person came in.

I NEVER go to firesides.. I'm not a fireside kinda girl, but i got the impression that this was going to be someone fairly important and kind of a big deal. So i went. I piled into Lyssa's Tahoe with 3 19yr old boys and 2 19yr old girls. (i felt ancient) It was actually kinda fun! It took me back to the good ol' days when i went to firesides and church activities.

So we got there 30 minutes early and the place was packed. Apparently everyone else had the same impression i did. So we waited and then finally he walked in. We all rose to our feet to show him and the priesthood keys he bears respect. I had never been so close to a true apostle of the Lord. The power and spirit of the Lord was radiating from Elder Bednar.


It was by far the best fireside I've ever been to. It was a question and answer session! How great is that?? With an apostle.. Freaking amazing! INCREDIBLE! We were there for 2 1/2-ish hrs and the spirit was just as strong at the end of the meeting as it was when Elder Bednar walked through those chapel doors.

Not that i ever doubted that Elder Bednar was an apostle of the Lord but Sunday night my faith and testimony was strengthen and confirmed. I believe with every fiber of my being the Elder David A. Bednar is in fact a true apostle of the Lord and i was humbled just to be in his presence.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

JEALOUS!!!!

Lemme said...

that's awesome...did it make you excited for conference?

G'ma Nasus said...

...and other people need drugs to have a "feel good" feeling. WE are indeed a peculiar people....the LUCKY ONES!!

Cindy said...

So did you like conference? Oh and I tagged you on my page....I hope you do it!