Monday, August 4, 2008

Unsatisfied

WARNING! WARNING! THIS CONTAINS
SPOILERS FOR "BREAKING DAWN"

Just another warning my thoughts are kind of sporadic and
jumbled but i've needed to get this out for a few days!

I have read the first 3 books SEVERAL times. Finally the 4th and final book to this incredible saga was in my hands. The whole thing was surreal. I was so excited to jump into this vampire world one last and final times. I was dying for a whole new experience with my vampire friends. I was so excited when EVERYTHING went PERFECT for Bella's wedding. Bella even enjoyed herself which, lets be honest.. that's a shocker. I was so glad when the sexual tension was over.. and then.. it wasn't.

I have read theory after theory, i have tried to come up with my own theories and never in a MILLION years would i have guess that Bella and Edward could REPRODUCE?? Are you kidding me? WHO KNEW?? I loved it! I know a lot of people have issues with it because, Edward is technically dead, but here's my thoughts on that, Seriously, you are reading a book where vampires and werewolves exist, you can't say "it's not possible" vampires aren't possible, werewolves aren't possible! Sit back and enjoy the ride.
I hated the name Renesme.. what kind of a name is that?? Dumb! Her middle name was Carlie, they should have gone with that! Overall, here was my main problem with this book. There was no magic. It was too easy for Bella to become a vampire. I'm not saying that her child trying to bite it's way out of her stomach isn't rough but come on. She wasn't outta control like vampires are supposed to be. She didn't have to really sacrifice anything to become what she is. She still has Charlie and Rene in her life, she still has Jacob. It was almost boring it was so simple.
When we were reading from Jacobs point of view, we learned a lot about Leah and Seth. What was the point of that? What happened with Leah, Jacob imprinted so what is Leah gonna do? Not that i really care that much but Stephenie let us get to know these characters pretty good but then left us hanging as to what happened with them next..
There was such an intense atmosphere that was created when all these other vampires showed up to the Cullens with their different talents to be witness' for the child (i refuse to say her name) but those vampires knew, we knew that there was a possibility of a fight, some expected that fight. Some things are worth fight for! (wow.. sorry that's so cliche) I loved where Garrett gave his whole speech on their freedoms as a vampires and what their rights are and who are the Volturi to try and take away their free will. But.. after that speech, where was the fight? Where was the battle to truly struggle for those rights? How many times have we heard story from of our Nation's battles for freedom, where men and woman have died, have offered their lives to give us our liberties. WHERE WAS THAT?
There wasn't the passion for life, or for the vampire life, there wasn't the passion for each other. I felt that she wrote too much about nothing and not enough about everything else. It was frustrating. It's not nothing comparable to the other books. Stephenie Meyer could have done better. It was so unsatisfying!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

ok ... so i just finished it today... and here are my conclusions because i have no one else to share them with without ruining everything.

1. hate the name too! it was such a pain to think it. too many syllables.

2. i hated, HATED jacob! ugh ... he's such a pain in the ass! and i don't get the whole point of seeing anything from just his and bella's point of view? what about Edward?! hello?! i'd like to be in that head more than bella's childish head ... reading her every thought about jacob and how she can't lose him and still loves him and blah blah blah'd freaking dah! you're married now. MOVE ON! if you're going to include more than one person's thoughts ... at least make sure that it's more than just the 2 most annoying characters ever!

3. i don't get it ... i just don't get how bella became such a beauty after being ugly for the 4 years that she was. i mean, i know that vampires are supposed to be that way once they've turned. but come ON! let's just be honest ... the girl irritates the hell out of me and gets everything she wants even though she whines and cries about not wanting it/wanting it/not knowing what the hell she wants.

4. how can you be so oblivious to everything around you during sex that you don't notice your husband tore up all the pillows, busted up the head board and ... uh ... i don't know, bruised the hell out of you?! was she on drugs?!

5. why the hell did jacob imprint on the baby?? and what was up with all his talk about be "intimate" with leah? i mean ... i know that he meant by her thoughts... but what was the point of his telling us all about her if we were just going to be left hanging?? leave her out of it ... stupid hoe bag.

6. enough with the light flittering of sex/sexual inuendos. either talk about it or don't. i mean, i know that its an LDS author and there are so many little girls running around out there with this book in their hands ... but come on. enough already. she's making them out to look like boring horn dogs.

7. i just watched the trailer for "twilight" and i am so unimpressed. mostly with the girl that plays bella. i didn't like her in the first place and now i don't like that she's playing the main character of one of my favorite books. i have a feeling that i'm going to be dissappointed.

the end.

Amy Jo said...

AMBER!!! do you even have to ask? of course i freaking loved it. it had its flaws but hey, she can't read my mind and know how i want it to be. c: but overall it was a good finale for such an amazing series.

Cindy said...

i'm glad you put a warning on that because i am only on book two and that would have sucked. although some stupid girl had to talk about it the day after it came out in the line at the video store. I told her to be quiet because the rest of the world might be behind and want the suprise for themselves... I think you would have been proud of me!!!

Jessie K said...

So I do agree with most of it, but as you know I don't think about books as critically as you do so it was what is was. I did enjoy it, and it was entertaining to me. That is all I usually ask for. I do agree with the Seth Leah thing, and I am so glad that Jacob found his love... :)