Thursday, August 28, 2008

A little sad...

This is my favorite time of year. I love the fall. The weather is PERFECT! School supplies go on sale. I bought 10 notebooks for a $1 today! There is no other time when you can do that! How amazing! And the pens and the glue and loose leaf paper and scissors.. Oh man!

Also it's the US OPEN! I love tennis! I really love it! While I'm at work i keep usopen.org and keep the live scores us so if i get a chance i can run by and check the scores. Man i love it! This why I'm sad. Nobody i knows shares this love with me. I have watched some incredible matches this week and no one.. i really mean no ones else has seen them and can share these amazing moments with me. So I'll share them with my blog and hope that i find someone out there who shares my love for tennis!

Monday Night James Blake (USA) 9th in the world played



Donald Young (USA)

He's only 19 and not very experienced but BOY did he give Blake a run for his money! It went to ALL 5 matches! It was incredible!
This was just the last point. In the interview, Blake gave Young a bunch of compliments and made sure that the crowd gave him the respect he deserved! James Blake is a classy guy! May dad said he'd vote him for president! (you have to know my dad to get that!)

This was Wednesday night Andy Roddick (USA)8th in the world(this is one of my favorite pictures of him)

VS Fabrice Santoro (FRA)


It's in French but just watch this serve from Andy Roddick. Roddick was up 2 sets to love. This was in the 3rd set 5 games to 2. I believe it was 30-15 when Roddick served this..



This is what Roddick said: "I wasn't going for him. I'm not going to go for someone up 6‑2, 6‑2, 5‑2. It was a bad miss, but a miss that I hit very hard. It took a little bit ‑‑ I was really excited about the way I was playing, and then, you know, to kind of end it like that, it was a little, I guess, disappointing. And I can definitely probably understand where he's coming from. If I was in the same situation I'd probably be momentarily pissed off, too.

It is what it is. I think I'll probably try to find him here in the next couple of days, and at least tell him that. It wasn't my intention. It was my intention to hit it hard, you know, but it's a serve I rarely hit actually, you know, body there flat. It's unfortunate, but it happens.

We've always gotten along pretty well. I'm sure it will be fine, but I definitely probably will seek him out and try to talk to him.



This is what Santoro said about it: "The match was over," Santoro said. "I was a little bit disappointed with the way he served the point before."

Roddick apologized to Santoro when they met at center court. He said he was aiming for the T and hoped Santoro didn't think it intentional. But he did.

"He served straight at me for sure," Santoro said. "That's a good strategy during the match, but it was almost over. He realized it was kind of a mistake." When told Roddick said he was aiming for the T, Santoro said, "Then it was the biggest mistake of his life. When he serves for the T, he gets the T."





Tonight there was an AWESOME match between the worlds #1 player and this years Olympic gold medalist Rafael Nadal(ESP)


and the #286 qualifier Ryler DeHeart(USA).

DeHeart has never played on a tour or in any big slams. This was his first Pro tournament ever! The first 2 sets were pretty easy for Nadal but in that 3rd set DeHeart gave all that were watching one heck of a show. There was no chance that DeHeart could pull it off but it was just good wholesome tennis! This is why i love the game! There aren't any videos out from this match yet since it just ended like and hour ago.. but seriously.. check tennis out.. its AMAZING!

2 comments:

Lemme said...

dude...you didn't say anything about the earrings...

G'ma Nasus said...

I say 'go for it'. ENJOY! I never learned the game so can't comment on it. You'll find a sole mate (tennis shoe sole) sooner or later :)

PS: changed my blog to: http://whacky-witty-wise.blogspot.com/