Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Burst Bubble



So, Dr. J. Adam Cleverley is a witty person. He is always great at come-backs and is sarcastic enough for for the whole nation. It's not very often that i get am able to stump him or leave him confused. Today was that day. Or so i thought!

I have this fun shelf that i need to hang up in my room but i need a stud finder. I've been meaning to ask him for weeks if he had one i could borrow. Anne (my roommate) was very excited for me to ask because he'd come up with something clever and make us all laugh. Finally today i was sitting in his office reading MLM ONLINE (good book) and for some reason it popped in to my head to ask him.
"Adam, do you have a stud finder?" I asked all nonchalant. He looked at me as if i was crazy with a ridiculous grin on his face.

In case anyone doesn't know what a stud finder is

"Is this a trick question?" was all he came up with. "is this like, 'hey is your refrigerator running?'" He was so confused.
"No, i just want to know if you have a stud finder." I started to laugh that he was unsure what a stud finder was. "You know one of those things you run across the wall to find a stud and it beeps when you find one."
"Oh, i thought you just use a hammer and tap along wall, if it sounds hollow, you know there isn't a stud there." He really did look genuinely puzzled.

Of course i started laughing my head of cuz, he's a guy, he should know what a stud finder is. That was better response than i could have ever imagined! It was so great! Here is something i finally have to give Adam crap about! I don't have a lot of leverage there, he on the other hand, has more leverage than he should. I just say and do stupid thing that leave so many options of teasing, not to mention i have friends that have no problem dishing information that he doesn't need to have.

He smiled and said, "I was thinking Angelina Jolie is a stud finder." Which of course made me laugh even harder.

I came home and told Anne the story and had a good laugh at his expense. What kind of Man doesn't know what a stud finder is? Come on?!! So tonight at our syntek meeting Anne leans over to him and starts to give him crap about not being a manly man and he starts to giggle and says, "i know what a stud finder is, i never got the chance to talk to Amber, of course i know what a stud finder is. I never said i didn't know what one was. She just assumed." Needless to say, i threw my notebook at him and told him not to talk to me! Later as we left the meeting i kindly and very lady like showed him middle finger.

Are you kidding me! The one opportunity i have to make J. Adam look like a dork, in the end I'm the one looking stupider than even i though possible. Jerk!

3 comments:

Lemme said...

that's so funny!!! i love j adam!!

Cindy said...

i love you have so much fun! I though he would give you all these ideas or have some cleaver gadget to find "A Stud!"

Amy Jo said...

hey! i tagged you on my blog! =]