Friday, September 25, 2009

I love to read..

















I have to share my new favorite book. A client of mine told me about it and i couldn't wait to pick it up. It is a book called The Hunger Games by Susanne Collins. AMAZING! It's consider a young adult book but i think anyone would fall in love with this book. I'm not sure if it's a 3 or 4 book series (I know annoying) the 2nd book called Catching Fire just came out a few days ago and I'm about half way through it.. It moves so quickly.. that's one of my favorite things about it. With my horrible luck it will be made into a movie soon. Keep Your fingers crossed it won't! =)
Here's what The Hunger Games is about..

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV. Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she is forced to represent her district in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before-and survived. Katniss is smart, athletic, and fast. She can take down a rabbit with a bow and arrow, hitting it straight through the eye. Will these skills be enough to survive the Hunger Games?

Run out to your local library or better yet, Barns and Nobles, or Borders cuz I'm pretty sure you are gonna want to own it!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

AMBER!! I JUST READ 'THE HUNGER GAMES' AND I'LL BE STARTING 'CATCHING FIRE' TONIGHT! AND YES, THIS COMMENT IS ALL IN CAPS BECAUSE I LOVED THE BOOK AND I LOVE YOU FOR READING THEM AND LIKING THEM TOO!!

I COULDN'T PUT THE FIRST ONE DOWN. I HEAR THEY ARE MAKING A MOVIE, 2011?
WWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Lemme said...

doesn't look like a read i'd really get into...im reading last song by nicholas sparks...but i know you're really not into his books...i agree...when they make it a movie...it always ruins the perfect picture you have in your head

krystale said...

Hi lady just stopping in to let you know i changed my bloggy addy it's now http://krystaleindira.blogspot.com/