Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Sanctuary

The greatest place in the world is near Leadore, Idaho. You drive down 18 mile road for about 4 or 5 miles( really i don't have a clue how far you drive) and you find the most beautiful camp spot. It's at the base of a mountain and a creek name Hawley runs through it! It's amazing! I was there for 4 days last week. I could live there forever.. except the winters.. and when i ran outta food.. so i could live there for a short time!

This is my very organized tent.. it stayed that way the WHOLE TIME!!

I decided that i would pick out one thing that happened each day that was my favorite and blog about it!

Day One: Was Tuesday night. Last year, i took my dad's lantern. I accidentally broke the glass when i pulled it out to check it and make sure it was OK before i left. So i bought another one. 8.88 at Wal-Mart. When i got to my glorious campsite last year.. i somehow broke the glass on Chris' lantern so, i gave him the glass from mine. So this year.. I bought a new glass to replace what i broke last year. I was so excited to be there and very proud that i could light my lantern by myself. As i pulled the lantern from my car, i noticed too late that it wasn't latched just right and CRASH the lantern fell out of it's casing and yep, you guess it the glass broke! At the time i was not happy, but i didn't curse!!

Day Two: I love to fish! I catch em and let em go! That's how i do things. The fishing this year was AWFUL! I usually catch anywhere between 20-30ish fish in just a few days time. Chris usually caught 40-60 fish. I remember one year he caught 65 fish! Yes we let most of them go! Anywho... Chris very kindly kicked my air mattress Wednesday morning and asked if i wanted to go to Big Bear Creek. Of course said yes and hopped up chipper as can be that i was awake. We fished and failed... nobody caught a thing. We were walking back up to Chris' truck and he got the great idea to try and catch some grasshopper, thinking that the fish might bite at them. So here is a grown man of 36ish yrs old running and hopping around in big black rubber boots and stomping like a 5 yr old trying to catch "hoppers" as he so juvenilely (i know that's not a word!)put it. Sadly i didn't have my camera!

Also on Wednesday my parents came up. So we took this picture in front of the outhouse to send to John V and tell him "IT STINKS NOT HAVING YOU HERE!" Oh what clever and witty people we are. Kaylene took the picture with her camera by setting it on timer.. so i thought it would be funny to take a picture of her trying to haul bootie up the hill so she was in the picture too.. I must say.. i did a pretty dang good job! =)


Day Three: I was supposed to leave this day and not come back, so Toddly and i hiked halfway up this mountain next to "Indian Rock" (a rock that looks like an Indian's profile). To take pictures of our camp. IT took us about 5 minutes to actually get up there. I paused for a moment to truly take in God's country.. It was breath taking. These pictures do not do it justice!


Hyrum liked hanging out with Hawley the dog (Todd and Cody's dog).
He did everything she did!

The rest of these are just a few snap shots! I love the mountains! I love the rolling hills! I love the earth!
Jason fishing! Again fishing was awful!
Oh Boy was it DIRTY!!!!
Ike had enough after 4 days in the wilderness!!
I couldn't get enough of it! I was sad i had to come home and shower!
How cute are these faces?!?!

I LOVE CAMPING!!!!


1 comment:

Lemme said...

looks like fun!!! i can't find you in the family picture though...